Following a diet should not turn into a hobby because of possible health risks. But do we know what not to do? There is very little talk about what the major mistakes are when going on a diet and what we should definitely not do.
- First off - hunger is not your best friend. A large majority of food diets are indeed based on the lack of food. If you desire complete and healthy weight loss, you need to lose pounds while also eating regularly.
It may seem extreme but the truth is that many girls develop anorexia because of the constant hunger they subject themselves to in pursuit of a thin waistline. In this regard - eating just once a day is also a mistake. You end up eating a large amount of food very quickly.
- The 2nd major mistake is adhering to the wrong type of diet - even if you follow a certain one to the letter, it's possible that you won't lose even an ounce.
In this case we're talking about a caloric balance that is calculated incorrectly - in order to lose pounds your body needs to be in a calorie deficit, i.e. to take in less calories than you burn.
That way your body will use the stored fat as a source of energy and you will gradually rid yourself of it.
- Quick success is unreliable - to lose weight without posing any kind of health risk, you need to be patient. Quick success does not necessarily mean long-lasting success.
- The next mistake in dieting lies in the preparation of the food. If you've decided to procure your carbohydrates from mashed potatoes, keep in mind that besides them, mashed potatoes will also bring you calories.
In this way you will break the calorie deficit rule, which as you know, is one of the main mistakes made during dieting. In case you want some variety in your menu, you need to make sure that it does not affect your caloric values in any way.
- Don't limit yourself to just one product - undoubtedly, if you only eat apples, this will give a result. The issue is that the body has need of other foods as well and you should not limit it so extremely because you can get sick.
- It is advised to avoid popular weight loss pills. If you are seeking excellent results, visit an expert who will help you build the right diet and begin exercising more actively.