Chicken with Exquisite Sauce
- chicken - 2 lb (1 kg), meat
- white wine - 4/5 cup (200 ml)
- mayonnaise - 4/5 cup (200 g)
- chicken broth - 1 1/5 cups (300 ml)
- onions - 3 heads
- parsley - several bunches
- black pepper
- salt - to taste
- thyme - 1 bunch
- butter - 1 tbsp
- oil - 1 tbsp
- garlic - 1 clove
Clean and wash the chicken meat. If using a whole chicken, cut it into pieces. I used chicken legs in my case. Dry them with paper towels.
Heat the oil and butter in a deep pot. Put the meat in it and braise until golden on all sides. Peel and chop the onions into crescents and add them to the braised chicken.
Stir and cook several minutes until the onions soften. Lower the stove to a medium temperature, pour in the broth and put the lid on.
Saute for about 20 min. For this recipe, use quality white wine, the taste is definitely worth it.
Mix the mayo with the wine; to make it easier I put them in a jar, twisted the cap on and shook it so that both ingredients mixed. You'll get a homogeneous mixture.
Take the lid off the pot and pour in the mayo-wine mixture into the chicken and onions, stir and add the finely chopped garlic clove, a pinch of thyme, salt and black pepper to taste.
Stir well and cook on moderate heat for another 15 min. Initially, the sauce is runnier but when you stir periodically, the alcohol and water evaporate and you'll see it begin to thicken.
Turn the stove off and sprinkle with parsley. This recipe can be made with rabbit meat as well, the preparation is the same. The sauce is remarkably delicious, I highly recommend you try it out!
- Marinated Oven-Baked Chicken Legs
- Juicy Chicken Wings with Honey, Beer and Mustard
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Chinese-Style Chicken with Vegetables
- Cabbage with Chicken Bites
- Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms and Leeks in a Multicooker
- Pan-Fried Chicken Fillet with Dock
- Chicken Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
- Chicken and Bacon Rolls