For the cream:
Put 1 2/3 cups (400 ml) of the milk and the sugar in a pot. With the remaining milk, beat the egg and starch. Once the milk comes to a boil, pour the egg mixture into it in a thin trickle while stirring nonstop. Stir until it thickens and forms a cream. Remove from the stove and add the butter. Stir and leave it to melt. Leave in a cool area to cool.
For the phyllo pastries:
Clean the pumpkin and scrape it off. Melt the butter. Combine the sugar with the cinnamon in a plate. Soak the raisins in a little water to soften. Then drain them. Take 2 phyllo pastry sheets, smear 1 with butter, cover with the 2nd, pour a few tbsp of the cream on top and distribute it all over the entire sheet.
Take part of the pumpkin, sprinkle it on the cream, sprinkle on 1-2 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar and place several drained raisins. Start rolling the sheet up from the longer side, then wrap into a spiral. It might tear in spots but that's no big deal. Put the phyllo pastry in a large flat oven dish, laid out with baking paper.
Proceed with the rest of the phyllo pastry sheets in the same manner, until out of ingredients. I ended up with 8 phyllo pastries. Heat the oven to 338°F (170 °C), smear the phyllo pastries with 1 tbsp oil mixed with a beaten egg yolk and put them to bake.
Keep an eye on the phyllo pastries, bake about 1 hour; you can lower the heat to 320°F (160 °C) for the final few min. It's possible that some of the cream leaks out into the tray. It happened to me because I had cracks in some of my phyllo pastries. It's not a big deal though, so don't worry.
The pumpkin cooks perfectly, while the cream provides a softness and lots of tenderness. Take them out and cool onto a cooking grid. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.find similar recipes here
Phyllo Pastries with Cream and Pumpkin
- pumpkins - 24.5 oz (700 g)
- phyllo pastry - 14 oz (400 g), sheets, fine
- sugar - 2/3 cup (150 g)
- cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- butter - 2/5 cup (100 g)
- raisins - 1/2 cup (120 g) dark
- milk - 2 1/2 cups (600 ml)
- eggs - 1
- starch - 2 tbsp, vanilla
- sugar - 3 tbsp
- butter - 1 tbsp
- for smearing
- eggs - 1 yolk
- oil - 1 tbsp
- for sprinkling
- powdered sugar - 2 tbsp (30 g)
For the cream:
- 3Phyllo Pastries with Cheese and Cream Cheese
- Phyllo Pastries with Mince and Potatoes
- 2Sunflower Phyllo Pastries with Feta and Eggs
- 9Phyllo Pastries with Sorrel and Cottage Cheese
- 3Easy Phyllo Pastries with Semolina Cream
- 4Phyllo Pastry with Pumpkin, Halva and Cinnamon
- Cream with Pumpkin and Walnuts
- 3Pumpkin Cream with Walnuts and Cinnamon
- 5Phyllo Pastry with Pumpkin and Milk Topping