- mince - 17.5 oz (500 g) lamb
- onions - 1 head
- oil - 2 tablespoons
- carrots - 2
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tbsp
- flour - 1 tbsp
- broth - 2 cups (500 ml) meat or vegetable
- potatoes - 24.5 oz (700 g)
- butter - 2 to 3 tablespoons
- cheese - 2 oz (50 g) grated cheddar
- black pepper - ground, to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Fry the mince with the chopped carrots and onions. After 10 minutes, sprinkle with flour and stir well.
Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Once it comes to a boil - quickly place the lid on and boil on low heat for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture into an oven dish. To prepare the mashed potatoes, boil the potatoes well, peel them and mash into a fine paste, while adding hot milk.
The mixture must not be too runny. Stir the mashed potatoes with the butter and spread it evenly over the mince in the oven dish.
Sprinkle the top with grated cheddar and put the shepherd's pie to bake for 15-20 minutes at 392°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.