- mince - 17.6 oz (500 g) lamb
- oniona - 1 head onion
- oil - 2 tablespoons
- carrots - 2
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp
- worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon
- flour - 1 tsp
- stock - 2 cups (500 ml) meat or vegetable
- potatoes - 24.7 oz (700 g)
- butter - 2 to 3 tablespoons (cow milk)
- cheese - 1.8 oz (50 g) grated cheddar
- pepper - ground, to taste
Heat oil in a pan. fry the mince with chopped carrots and onions. After 10 minutes, sprinkle with flour and stir well.
Add stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Once boiling- quickly place the lid on and boil on low heat for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture into a pan. To prepare the mashed potatoes, boil them well, peel them and mash into a fine paste, adding hot milk.
The mix should not be too very runny. Stir the puree with butter and spread it evenly over the mince in the pan.
Sprinkle the top with grated cheddar and put the shepherd's pie to bake for 15-20 minutes at 392°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.