Cauliflower and broccoli are some of the most healthy vegetables, because they are rich in vitamins and minerals. These two vegetables help strengthen the immune system and protect our body from liver disease and cancer.
Cauliflower and broccoli slow down aging and are very good choices for people with anemia. Usually, you can get frozen vegetables from any store, but it's even better if you freeze them yourself and here's how.
How to Freeze Cauliflower and Broccoli:
1. The first thing you need to do is buy quality broccoli and cauliflower, even if you have to pay a little more for them;
2. Before you start freezing them, you must blanch them, so that they can retain their color, texture and taste;
3. However, before blanching them, you must wash them very well. To do this, you must first cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small chunks and remove their stalks. They are then washed very well and can now be blanched;
4. Blanch both vegetables for about 7 minutes. This happens in boiling, salted water. You have to have a deep pot or blanch them in portions. It is important to put salt in the water and the time in which you blanch them should not be less than 5 minutes;
5. When the vegetables are already blanched, pour cold water over them and strain them very well in a colander. If necessary, dry them very carefully with a towel;
6. Once the broccoli and cauliflower are ready to be frozen, place them in bags, by pressing them lightly, so that they do not take up much space in your freezer. It is also important to remove the air from the bags and only then close them;
7. For your convenience, it is good to make different weight portions of frozen broccoli and frozen cauliflower, depending on what dish you are making. If you have duct tape, it is a good idea to write the quantities and the date on which they were frozen. This is for your convenience.
And if you already have frozen broccoli and cauliflower, we're sharing some of our delicious suggestions, which include them: