If you love avocado, you surely know that it should be eaten as soon as possible after it is peeled. If you can't eat it right after you peel it, but you don't know how to keep it fresh for a longer time, then this advice is just for you. We're going to share with you some easy and proven ways to keep avocados fresher for longer. And here are they:
1. The first and one of the most important things is to leave the stone in the avocado. This is done in order to prevent the avocado from darkening and to keep it fresh for a longer time. This means that after you cut the avocado, you should leave the pit in the part you won't eat. This way, the part that is in contact with the stone remains fresh. However, the front can darken quickly. You need to cover the part of the avocado that is not in contact with the pit to prevent it from darkening;
2. The onion method. Here you need to cut 1/4 of a red onion into large pieces. They are placed at the bottom of a suitable container, which you can close well. Then you can put it in the part of the avocado that you won't eat right away. However, you should place the avocado in a way that the stone is facing up. Then close the container and put it in the refrigerator. Onions give off fumes that help the avocado retain its freshness;
3. Olive oil method. If you want to keep the avocado fresh and prevent it from darkening, you can use olive oil. It is natural, which does not change the aroma and taste of the avocado in any way. You can coat the avocado part that you won't be using right away. Then put it back in a container that closes well. Olive oil keeps the avocado fresh. It protects it from oxidation and prevents air from coming into contact with it;
4. Lemon juice method. For this method, you need to drizzle your leftover avocado with lemon juice and that way it will keep it fresher for longer.
5. Cold water. Immerse the avocado in cold water, thus preventing it from coming into contact with oxygen. However, you should not soak it in water for a long time.
6. Cling film. Cling film is the best way to store any type of food. All you need to do is wrap the avocado in cling film and put it in the fridge;
7. Mash. Make guacamole and add lemon juice. Its acid prevents the avocado from oxidizing.