Garlic gives a specific aroma and taste to a number of dishes, so right here we are letting you in on some tricks for cooking with it:
- In order to make the old garlic smell less, we need to remove the green sprout from the inside of the cloves;
- We all know how annoying it is when the flakes stick on our hands when peeling garlic. In order to prevent this, we must first briefly put the garlic head in a bowl of cold water;
- Do not throw away peeled garlic cloves after cooking. You can prepare a very fragrant oil with them by placing the peeled cloves in a jar and pouring oil over them. The fat will absorb the smell and can be used for seasoning dishes;
- You can easily remove the whole garlic cloves, which were used to flavor the dish, by piercing the peeled cloves in several places with a toothpick. This way they remain on the surface during cooking and then you can easily remove them before serving;
- You can keep whole peeled garlic cloves for a long time by placing them in a small jar and sprinkling them with salt. Then pour water and vinegar over them in a ratio of 2 to 1 water-vinegar. Stored in this way, garlic can be used for larding meat, when cooking meat dishes, before roasting them;
- Delicious paste for cold cucumber soup, tripe soup, roasted pork, fish dishes and sauces, we can prepare by crushing a few heads of peeled garlic with salt in a bowl and then add a little oil and a little vinegar. The resulting thick paste is placed in a jar and stored in the refrigerator. This way you will always have a ready-made spice on hand;
- We can remove the unpleasant smell of garlic from our hands by rubbing them with salt and then wash them with lukewarm water.