Everyone can make pancakes, but not everyone can make the perfect pancakes. Although making pancakes seems like something a small child could handle, it has its subtleties.
For one of the tested pancake recipes you need: 3 eggs; 1 vanilla; 2 tbsp. of oil; 1/2 tsp. of salt; 2 tsp. of sugar; 300 ml. of water; 400 ml. of milk; about 600 g of flour.
Beat the eggs, sugar, salt, oil and vanilla. Then add the water and milk little by little, while stirring at all times. Add a little flour (add as much as the mixture absorbs). The aim is to obtain a thick mixture. Stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
This is one of the classic pancake recipes. But if you want to make a really perfect pancake mixture, it's not enough to just follow it. There are a few more things, that you need to take care of:
1. Make pancakes with quality products. Make sure your milk, eggs and flour are fresh. To get a good mixture, it is desirable to use freshly opened vanilla and not a stale one.
2. To reduce the possibility of lumps forming in the mixture, gradually add the flour along with the milk. For an even better effect, pre-sift the flour.
3. Leave the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Using a good pan is crucial for the perfect pancakes. Buy a special pancake pan with a non-stick coating and a thick bottom.
5. Put a small lump of butter in the pan when it heats up well. The quality of the butter is also very important for good pancakes. Once you have made the pancakes, you can grease them with butter while they are still warm. This will make them softer.
6. When you see bubbles beginning to form on the surface of the pancake, turn it over to prevent holes.