Health experts advise us to counter upcoming flu and cold diseases by boosting our immune system with the consumption of specific foods.
It is proven, that if the body suffers from internal imbalance, this will decrease its resistances and viruses will multiply more easily.
To aid our immune system, we must eat appropriately.
1. Fish - fish contain the exceptionally healthy omega-3 fatty acids. They are known for their anti-inflammatory properties in the body. The abundance of omega-3 fatty acids in fish kills viruses and reduces anxiety symptoms.
2. Garlic - garlic is characteristic for many cuisines worldwide, and despite its bad odor, is a great defender against infections. It is rich in allicin, which has a strong antibacterial and antioxidant effect, that aids against colds.
3. Citrus fruits - citruses are some of the best allies in the fight against colds because of their abundance of vitamin C. If you regularly eat citrus fruits, you will significantly decrease your risk of deteriorating health. The fresh squeezed juice of these fruits can also help in your battle with colds.
4. Green vegetables - spinach, cabbage and peppers are extremely healthy because they are a valuable source of vitamin D, which prevents the development of viral infections. During the summer, it is easier to obtain this vitamin due to the sun rays, which shine on us every day.
6. Dark chocolate - this type of chocolate is particularly healthy because of the content of polyphenols and zinc in the cocoa used to make it. In order to minimize the unwanted effects of the other ingredients, such as sugar and saturated fats, choose a chocolate with a minimum cocoa content of 70% and eat no more than 4 chocolate blocks per day.