There are a few spices which stimulate brain activity and improve memory. It is much better to use herbs or spices to improve memory, rather than pills, since the natural remedies will also provide additional benefits to our health.
Here are the spices which we can use:
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in rosemary deal with the damage caused by free radicals in the brain. The herb contains carnosic acid, which actually protects the brain against Alzheimer's, as well as from stroke. In addition, the flavorful herb improves brain function and protects brain cells from damage.
- Oregano - this spice manages to neutralize free radicals caused by a high concentration of antioxidants. The compounds in Oregano actually improve the level of concentration, as well as decrease feelings of anxiety.
- Thyme - the volatile oils found in the spice increase the levels of omega-3 fatty acids and the levels of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). In turn, the omega-3 fatty acids improve memory. Docosahexaenoic acid ensures the correct functioning of brain cells.
- Cloves - the spice acts as a memory stimulant and has an antioxidant, analgesic and antiseptic effect. Clove oil relieves stress and stimulates brain function.
- Turmeric - the curcumin found in this spice reduces plaques in the brain, which are related to Alzheimer's and thus reduces the risk of the disease. Furthermore, the spice protects the brain from damage and improves memory.
- Nutmeg - the spice stimulates brain activity using a compound called myristicin. The compound enhances memory, helps for better concentration. Nutmeg also decreases stress.
- Common sage - this herb and spice improves brain activity and enhances memory, since it prevents the breakdown of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is in fact responsible for good memory.