An extensive study has listed the top 15 foods that are most beneficial to our health. American nutritionists recommend for these products to be constantly present in our diet.
1. Avocado - avocados decrease the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood and provide the body with vital unsaturated fatty acids, oleic acid and plant-derived cellulose;
2. Apricots - these fruits are rich in beta-carotene, which is turned into vitamin A. This vitamin protects cells from free radicals and the skin from the harmful affects of ultraviolet rays;
3. Raspberries - Raspberries contain ascorbic acid, which has the ability to fortify blood vessel walls and decrease the risk of the occurrence of a cardiovascular disease;
4. Mango - the high content of vitamin C in this fruit strengthens the immune system;
5. Figs - the potassium and vitamin B6 in these fruits increase the production of serotonin - the hormone responsible for positive emotions;
6. Lemon - it's been proven that lemons are the fruits most effective in treating flu and cold. In addition, they act as a prophylactic for oncological diseases;
7. Tomatoes - the lycopene in Tomatoes decreases the risk of developing cardiovascular and oncological diseases;
8. Onions and garlic - they contain phytoncides, which lower the risk of the occurrence of malignant tumors in the body;
9. Broccoli and cabbage - Broccoli are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C, and cabbage - in indole-3-methanol, which protect against breast cancer;
10. Spinach - eating Spinach is a perfect prophylactic against retinal dystrophy because of the content of carotenoids, zeaxanthin and lutein;
11. Wheat grains - vitamin E and magnesium are found within them, which have a positive effect on digestion;
12. Nuts, lentils, beans, peas - they provide the body the required proteins and cellulose;
13. Yoghurt - yoghurt is a main source of calcium and vitamins A, B, which strengthen the bones and nervous system.
14. Fish - fish contain the vitally important omega-3 fatty acids, which fortify the heart and nervous system.
15. Mussels and crabs - they are rich in iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium, vital minerals for the body.See more