Grapefruit is a citrus fruit, which, if consumed in normal quantities, can be said to be a very healthy fruit. But if eaten in excess, it can cause plenty of negative side effects as well.
Read on to find out which health problems eating grapefruit can serve as a powerful ally against.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis);
- Psoriasis - a skin disease;
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) - for people suffering from eczema, the fruit can help alleviate the diarrhea that results from the change in intestinal bacteria;
- High cholesterol - taking 1 capsule of grapefruit extract per day for a period of 16 weeks can lower cholesterol levels. Some people eat 1 grapefruit a day to lower their overall cholesterol and LDL;
- For preventing cancer;
- Muscle fatigue;
- Stimulating hair growth;
- Tightening skin;
- Reducing acne;
- Treating headaches;
- Digestive issues;
- Vaginal yeast infections;
The extract from grapefruit seeds has curative effects for bacterial infections in the oral cavity, for viral and fungal infections.
Grapefruit oil is applied to the skin, it helps treat skin problems and is good against acne and oily skin. It's also a remedy for cold and flu.
Grapefruit extract is used as a balm for treating slight skin irritations, it's used as first aid for the face.
Other uses include treating ear infections, sore throat, using it as a mouthwash, rinsing the teeth; it helps maintain strong gums and fights gingivitis.See more