Lean Peppers with Rice for Christmas Eve
- peppers - 15 dried
- rice - 1 cup
- onions - 1 head
- carrots - 1
- tomato sauce - 2/5 cup (100 ml)
- black pepper
- vegetable spice
Put the peppers in cool water to soften. In the meantime prepare the stuffing for them. Chop the onions and carrot finely. Put the oil to heat up in a deep pan. Once it does, add the finely chopped onions.
Saute the onions until softened and slightly transparent. Then add the rice to them. Stir well. The rice also needs to turn transparent. Add the tomato sauce. Stir well, nonstop. Next add 1/2 cup water and the carrot.
Season the rice with the listed spices. Stir well. Leave on the stove to boil until the rice absorbs the water. Then stuff the peppers with the filling.
Don't over-stuff them. Arrange in an oiled tray. Pour 2 cups hot water on top. Bake in a preheated 374°F (190 °C) oven until ready.
- Lean Loaf for Christmas Eve7
- Pita with Lemonade for Christmas Eve6
- Sauerkraut Rolls for Christmas Eve3
- Soda Bread for Christmas Eve5
- Stuffed Pumpkin for Christmas Eve
- Meatless Platter for Christmas Eve
- Loaf with a Coin for Christmas Eve
- Meatless Sarma and Dried Red Peppers with Beans for Christmas Eve3
- Soda Bread Bogovitsa for Christmas Eve7