Vegetarian Burgers with Tofu
- tofu - 1 package
- tomatoes - 2/5 cup (100 g) dried and finely chopped
- coriander - 2 tbsp fresh and finely chopped
- mustard - 1/2 tsp
- soya sauce - 2 tbsp
- tomato paste - 1 tsp
- breadcrumbs - 1 2/3 tbsp (25 g)
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- onions - 1 medium head, chopped finely
- garlic - 1 crushed clove
- mushrooms - 3.5 oz (100g), finely chopped
- black pepper
Mash the tofu with a fork. Add to it the sun-dried tomatoes, coriander, mustard, soya sauce, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Leave the mixture aside.
Heat the olive oil in a small pan and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms until tender. Add them to the mix with the tofu and allow it to cool. If the mixture is runny, add a little flour to make it hard enough to allow you to form balls.
Shape the mixture into 6 meatballs and roll them in the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper ahead of time. Sprinkle meatballs on both sides with olive oil. Barbecue until well cooked, and if you like, fry them in heated oil.