- oats - 1/2 cup, fine
- flour - 1 cup whole wheat
- natural sweeteners - about 1/2 cup, for diabetics
- eggs - 2
- sunflower oil - 5 tbsp
- yogurt - 1/2 cup
- walnuts - about 3 1/3 tbsp (50 g) chopped
- dates - 9 oz (250 g), cleaned and finely chopped
- baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- coconuts - 1/3 cup
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, optional
- cloves - 1 bud, crushed, optional
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, optional
- salt - 1 pinch
To the chopped dates, add the oats, flour that has been mixed with the baking powder and salt beforehand. Then add the natural sweetener, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, crushed cloves and nutmeg if desired.
In another bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, then add them to the yoghurt and oil. Add this mixture to the flour mix and mix everything well. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, that has been covered with baking paper or greased and floured.
Bake in a preheated 356°F (180 °C) oven for about 40-45 minutes. Check if it is fully ready with a toothpick, which needs to come out dry when poked.