Homemade Apple Strudel
- flour - 1 1/5 cups (300 g)
- butter - 1/2 cup (125 g), or use margarine
- powdered sugar - 3 1/3 tbsp (50 g)
- eggs - 2
- milk - 4 tablespoons
- baking powder - 2/3 packet
- salt - 1 pinch
- for the filling
- apples - 2 lb (1 kg)
- sugar - 5 - 6 tbsp
- walnuts - 1 cup, ground
- raisins - optional
- breadcrumbs - 4 - 5 tablespoons, or finely crumbled dry bread
Knead a not-too-firm dough with the first set of products (it needs to be easy for rolling out). Divide the dough into two and roll out 2 sheets the size of the baking dish. Grease the baking dish and put the first sheet in it, place stuffing on top.
For the filling, grate the apples (you can also cut them into thin pieces), sprinkle them with the sugar, cinnamon, walnuts, and finally the breadcrumbs. Put the second sheet on top and press well with your hands along the edges to expel the air.
Pierce with a fork and put the strudel to bake in a preheated oven, until browned.