How to cook
1. Peel and dice the beef into bigger pieces. Salt very lightly, add the red and black pepper. Add coarsley crumbled rosemary and bay leaf. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the meat. stir so that all the ingredients are mixed well and rub the spices into the beef. Then pour both types of wine and tomato sauce and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
2. The spice and wine covered meat needs to be removed from the refrigerator and left to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, and while you wait, prepare the other products for the dish:
Peel the baby onions, peel the potatoes and put them in a bowl of water, chop the spinach and wash the garlic without peeling it, then crush it with the wider side of a knife.
3. When the beef has reached room temperature, move it in a clay pot along with the marinade. Add the baby onions and garlic and add a little water - about 1 cup.
Cover the dish with the appropriate clay lid or a piece of aluminum foil.
4. Place it in a non heated oven and turn to 390°F (200 degrees). Cook for 2 hours and check the liquid level, if necessary add water little by little.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and add the potatoes and spinach. If the potatoes are very small, put them in whole, if they are bigger - cut them in half. Sprinkle the beef and potatoes with salt and the remaining fat and put it back in the oven for about 40 minutes with the lid closed, then remove the lid and cook until the potatoes are golden brown.
6. Now you can serve the warm beef, potatoes and spinach to your table. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Enjoy your meal!