Authentic Greek-Style Mini Casseroles
- pork meat - 2.2 lb (1 kg), shoulder or loin
- potatoes - 2.2 lb (1 kg)
- red onions - 1 pc, large
- tinned tomatoes - 14 oz (400 g) or 3 medium fresh tomatoes
- green olives - 10 pcs, pitted
- black olives - 10 pcs, pitted
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley - fresh
- olive oil - for garnishing
Prepare 6 mini casseroles by oiling the inside surface of each dish generously. Chop the meat into small cubes and separate equally between the casserole dishes. Cut the potatoes into shapes of your choice and add to each dish.
Add about 1/2 cup water in each casserole and flavour with parsley, salt and pepper. Place the casseroles in a cold oven and cook at low to medium heat till the meat is soft and tender.
Enjoy the flavours of the Mediterranean!