- beef clod - 24.5 oz (700 g)
- onions - 24.5 oz (700 g)
- oil - 2 tsp
- beef broth - 4 1/5 cups (1 l)
- garlic - 2 cloves
- cumin - 1 tsp ground
- marjoram - 1 teaspoon dry
- lemon zest - 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- paprika - 1 tsp
- black pepper - ground, to taste
Cut the veal shoulder into large bites and put it to fry in preheated oil. Once the color changes, remove the beef and fry the onion that you've cut into crescents in the same oil.
A few minutes later, put the meat back in and top it with hot broth, until completely covered. Put the lid on and let it stew on a very low heat setting for 4 hours. After 2 and 1/2 hours, remove the lid. You can speed up the cooking by leaving it to stew at a higher temperature.