How to cook
1) Wash the beetroot without peeling it. Brush it with olive oil, season with salt, wrap it in tin foil and bake it in a pre-heated oven to 392°F (200 degrees) for around an hour and twenty minutes, or until its completely cooked. Try poking it with a fork to check if it's ready.
2) Unwrap the foil and peel the beetroot while it's warm. Rinse and pat dry.
4) Slice the beetroot and season with a little salt and lemon juice. Slice the mozzarella into slices similar to the ones of the beetroot.
5) Arrange the beetroot and mozzarella slices, overlapping slightly. You can also prepare two smaller individual portions.
6) Pour the basil pesto on top, drizzle with olive oil and some lemon juice and sprinkle with coarse salt to taste.
Chill the salad before serving.