Oven Roasted Liver
- beef livers - 3.5 lb (1.5 kg)
- bay leaf - 3 - 4
- garlic - 4 cloves
- onions - 2 large heads
- carrots - 10 baby
- potatoes - 5 - 6 small pieces
- red wine - 1 1/5 cups (300 ml) dry
- oil - 1/3 cup (80 ml)
- black pepper - to taste, ground
- salt - to taste
- savory - 1/2 tsp crumbled, optional
Grease a baking tray and distribute the chopped onion in it and add the cleaned whole carrots and potatoes. Put the liver atop the onion, season it with a little black pepper, savory and put it to bake in a moderately hot oven for about 35 minutes or until ready.
Season it with salt immediately before serving, otherwise the liver hardens from the salt.