Lean Cookies with Almonds
- oil - 2/5 cup (110 ml), corn
- oranges - 2/5 cup (110 ml) orange juice + grated orange peel
- sugar - 2/3 cup (150 g)
- almonds - 1 cup (250 g) peeled and ground
- vanilla - 2 powder packets
- hartshorn - 1/2 tsp
- lemons - juice of 1 lemon
- salt - 1 pinch
- flour - as needed
Beat the sugar, orange juice and oil in a bowl with a mixer. Add the ground almonds and lemon juice, in which you've dissolved 1 tsp of hartshorn ahead of time.
Roll it out out into a sheet and cut out cookies of the desired shape. Arrange them in an oiled tray or on top of baking paper. Put them to bake to a nice crisp in a preheated 356°F (180°C) oven.