Sesame Bread with Butter, Feta Cheese and Samardala
- flour - 2 lb (1 kg)
- yeast - 2 4/5 tbsp (42 g)
- milk - 2/3 cup (150 ml) warm
- water - 2/3 cup (150 ml) warm
- sugar - 1 tsp
- salt - 2 tsp
- oil - 2 - 3 tablespoons
- butter - 1/5 cup (60 g)
- yolks - 1, to spread
- sesame seeds - 1 - 2 tablespoons
- feta cheese - 7 oz (200 g) crumbled
- samardala - to taste, for sprinkling
The dough is kneaded by mixing the flour, salt, sugar, oil and yeast dissolved in water and milk. Make balls the size of an egg.
Leave them to rise and then roll them out thinly with oily hands. In the center of each, put feta cheese and melted butter and roll it into a twisted wick and tie it, but not too tight. Do the same for the remaining dough balls.
Allow them to rise in a warm place, then smear them with yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven at 392°F (200 °C), for 30-40 minutes.
After they are ready, take them out, smear with the remaining butter, sprinkle with samardala and cover.
Eat them hot with yoghurt.
- Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Feta Cheese4
- Baked Potatoes with Butter and Samardala
- Crackers with Cheese, Feta Cheese and Sesame Seeds
- Buns with Egg, Feta Cheese and Sesame
- Quick Pitas with Feta Cheese and Butter3
- Quick Buns with Butter and Feta Cheese3
- Twisted Tutmanik with Feta Cheese and Butter5
- Butter Pita with Feta Cheese3
- Butter Tutmanik with Feta Cheese4