Devil's Food Cake with Glaze
- flour - 1 cup (225 g)
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- cocoa - 3 1/3 tbsp (50 g)
- butter - 1/2 cup (125 g)
- brown sugar - 1 cup (250 g), Muscovado
- eggs - 3
- milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- for the glaze
- dark chocolate - 6 oz (175 g)
- milk chocolate - 2.5 oz (75 g)
- powdered sugar - 3 tbsp, brown
- sour cream - 1 1/5 cups (300 ml)
Finally, pour it over the flour and stir well. Grease 2 baking trays and distribute the mixture into them. Bake in a preheated 356°F (180 °C) oven for 30 min. Cool the baked cake layers.
Melt the dark and milk chocolates in a water bath. Remove from the heat and mix them with the sugar and cream. Cut each layer through the middle to obtain 4 cake layers.
Put 1 cake layer into the serving form, smear it with part of the glaze, place the 2nd layer on top and continue in this manner, finishing off with glaze.