How to cook
Preheat the oven to 320°F (160 °C).
Butter a 9″ (23 cm) diameter cake form and cover with baking paper such that there's an extra border around it.
Work with a mixer.
For the layer:
1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat the whites until foamy with 1 pinch salt and gradually add the sugar. Beat with a mixer until they form stiff tips.
2. Beat the yolks (stir well) with the almond extract and add them all at once to the whites. Stir carefully with a spatula until homogeneous.
3. Gradually add the ground almonds and the flour in 3 lots. Stir very carefully with a spatula so the egg white mass doesn't flatten. Pour it into the cake form, even it out. Bake at 320°F (160 °C) for about 45-50 min. until the dough obtains a nice golden color. Take it out of the oven, leave it for about 15 min. to cool and take it out onto a cooking grid to cool completely. Once it is, cut it into 3 layers.
For the glaze:
1. Melt the chocolate with 3 tbsp coconut milk in a water bath. Let it cool.
2. In a bowl, beat the mascarpone to a smooth mixture with the mixer on low. To it, add the chocolate and stir until they combine.
3. Beat the cooled cream with a mixer to stiff tips and gradually add the powdered sugar. Carefully add it to the chocolate, spoon by spoon. Stir with a spatula. Add the coconut flakes.
Assembling the cake:
Put the cake platter onto a rotating cake stand, place paper cake strips around the edges. Soak the cake layer all over with coconut milk, so it moistens well. On top, put some egg white-almond cream with a spatula, distribute it evenly.
Cover with a 2nd cake layer, moisten it well also, distribute cream and do the same for the final layer. Distribute the remaining cream all over the entire cake, while smearing its outer walls as well. Pour coconut flakes generously over the top and sides. Remove the paper cake strips.
Decorate with chocolate shavings. Leave it overnight in the fridge.
Source: Home Cooking.