How to cook
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Braise them in the olive oil. Salt them. Drain from the oil and arrange in a deep tray.
2. Chop the onion finely and fry until golden. Add the finely chopped pepper. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and mince and fry everything for 5 min, while mashing the meat with a fork.
3. Add oregano and salt. Pour in the tomato paste and saute for 20 min. on medium heat. Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
4. Cut the eggplants into slices. Salt them and leave for 15 min. to drain out the bitter juice. Wash them and braise on both sides until golden.
5. Make the Bechamel sauce by braising 2 tbsp flour in 3 1/3 tbsp (50 g) butter. Add the milk and boil the sauce on low heat while stirring nonstop.
6. Take it off the stove and add 2 eggs. Pour this sauce over the eggplants and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Bake 1 hour at 356°F (180 °C).