French Country-Style Cake with Blueberries
- cake layers
- sugar - 2/3 cup (150 g)
- eggs - 1
- honey - 3 tbsp
- milk - 4/5 cup (200 ml)
- flour - 1 2/3 cups (400 g)
- baking soda - 2 tsp
- butter - 3 1/3 tbsp (50 g), melted
- cream mixture
- vanilla - 2
- sour cream - 5 cups (1200 g)
- sugar - 12 tbsp
- jam - blueberry
- walnuts - ground
Making the cake layers: Beat the eggs with the sugar. Once beaten, gradually add the milk, honey and baking soda to them. Melt the butter, then cool it. Once cooled, add it to the eggs as well. Beat the mixture well.
Transfer the mixture into a pot. Boil on low heat for about 30 min. while stirring nonstop. The mixture needs to obtain a caramel color. Take it off the stove. While it's still warm, add the flour to it. Stir with a spoon.
Stir until you get a dough. Transfer it to a floured counter. Knead it a little bit more. Divide the resulting dough into 8 equal parts. Roll out each ball of dough into a very thin cake layer. You need 5 cake layers total. You can use the other 3 balls of dough for other desserts or to make an even higher 8-layer cake.
After rolling out the cake layer, put a cake ring over it and cut it. This is done in order to obtain identical cake layers. Then transfer the layer to an oven dish with baking paper. Bake in a preheated 347°F (175 °C) oven for 4-5 min. Do the same for the rest of the balls of dough.
Making the cream: In a bowl, beat the sour cream, sugar and vanillas. Once the baked cake layers cook, smear them with the cream mixture and blueberry jam. You can put blueberry jam between each layer or between every other layer. Sprinkle the cake with the ground walnuts on top.
- Country-Style French Cake6
- French Country-Style Cake7
- French Country-Style Cake with Blackberries4
- Homemade Frech Country-Style Cake with Blueberries
- Homemade French-Style Country Cake2
- French Country-Style Cake with Strained Yoghurt13
- French Country Cake with Blueberry Jam6
- Homemade French Village-Style Cake with Biscuits7
- Cake with Apricots and Blueberries