River Fish in Jars for the Winter
- fish - 6.5 lb (3 kg), river
- bay leaf - 5 - 6
- sea salt
- black pepper - 1 packet, grains
- allspice - 7 grains
- oil - 2 parts
- vinegar - 1 part, enough to cover the fish
Clean the fish well and remove all heads, fins, tails. Wash them and arrange in a tray; if it's really large, cut it into coarse pieces.
Pour a packet of sea salt over it and leave to sit in a cool area for 2-3 hours. Wash it and place a steamer basket in a pressure cooker, put the fish on top.
Add the spices, 2 cups oil and 1 cup vinegar, to cover the fish entirely. Salt to taste. Boil in the pressure cooker for 1.5 - 2 hours (if it's a large fish).
After it's boiled and slightly cooled, arrange each piece of fish carefully in jars so that they remain whole.
Press lightly as much as possible, to fill the fish jars. Close with caps and boil for 15 min. The fish turns out exceptionally tasty and can be stored for a long time.
You can use it to make Ropotamo salad.
- Salad for the Winter in Jars2
- Chicken Meat in Jars for the Winter4
- Red Peppers in Jars for the Winter3
- Fried Peppers in Jars for the Winter
- Roast Peppers in Jars for the Winter2
- Peppers for Stuffing for the Winter4
- Vitamin Bombs for the Winter2
- Roasted Peppers for the Winter3
- Spicy Tomato Salsa for the Winter2