Wild Game Sausage
- meat - 4.5 lb (2 kg) of deer
- bacon - 2 lb (1 kg)
- salt - 4.5 oz (120 g)
- black pepper - 1 tbsp (15 g) crushed
- potassium nitrate - 1 tsp (5 g)
- powdered sugar - 1 1/3 tbsp (20 g)
- paprika - 2/3 tsp (3 g)
- offal - pig intestines for filling
Very finely mince the wild game meat and bacon. Add the salt, black pepper, paprika, potassium nitrate and sugar. Stir well and fill the thin pig intestines with the mixture, but not too tightly.
Make individual sausages by twisting the intestines ever few inches. Put them on the kitchen counter, and press them with a heavy weight.
They need to stay with the weight on them for 2 days, then need to be hung in a well ventilated area. Dry for 4-5 days, then smoke them. It is best to serve them boiled or fried.