Chicken Onion Stew
- chicken meat - 21 oz (600 g) legs
- onions - 6 heads large
- carrots - 1
- tomatoes - 10.5 oz (300 g) blended
- tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
- paprika - 1 tablespoon smoked
- thyme - 1 tsp
- black pepper
- olive oil - 4 tablespoons
- garlic - 1 clove
- bay leaf - 1
- chicken broth - 1 1/5 cups (300 ml)
- flour - 2 tablespoons
- parsley - 1/2 bunch
- peppers - 1, red
Clean and chop the onions and pepper finely.
Cut the chicken meat into pieces. If using whole chicken legs, separate the legs from the thighs.
Put the flour in a plate and roll each piece of meat in it.
Heat the olive oil in a wide and deep pot, then put the meat in it to fry until golden.
Take the meat out, put it in a plate with baking paper to drain and put the onions, pepper and grated carrot in the pot.
Close the pot with a lid and let simmer 20 min. on moderate heat until 1/2 the liquid evaporates.
Finally add the finely chopped parsley and chopped garlic.