Chicken with Cream and Potatoes in a Glass Cook Pot
- chicken legs - 3
- potatoes - 6 - 7
- cooking cream - 1 2/5 cups (350 ml)
- mayonnaise - 3 - 4 tablespoons
- cheese - 2 oz (60 g)
- processed cheese - 1.5 oz (40 g)
- white wine - 2 2/3 tbsp (40 ml)
- oil - 3 1/3 tbsp (50 ml)
- black pepper - to taste
- rosemary - 1 - 2 tablespoons
- vegeta - 2 tablespoons (spice of dried vegetables)
- parsley - 2 tablespoons chopped + some for sprinkling
- green onions - 2 tablespoons chopped stalks
- white pepper - to taste (to season the cream)
- salt - to taste
Boil the chicken legs about 25 min. or until semi-cooked. In the meantime, peel and chop the potatoes coarsely.
Heat the oven to 392°F (200 °C), put the potatoes in a suitably-sized glass cook pot, season with black pepper, Vegeta, a little salt (be careful because the Vegeta contains salt), parsley and green onions. Sprinkle with the oil, stir well and pour in broth from the boiling of the chicken - enough to cover the potatoes almost completely.
Bake until the water boils away and add the chicken legs. Return to the oven to crisp their skin briefly - 10-12 min.
Stir the cream with the mayonnaise and white wine. Grate the cheese over them - the more aromatic the cheese the tastier the chicken will become (I use parmesan). Add processed cheese, white pepper and a little salt to taste as well. Dilute with more broth, depending on how thick you'd like your sauce to be. Pour it over the dish and bake again to a slight crisp.
Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Notes: I didn't use the cook pot's lid but you can use it when baking the potatoes only. Halfway through cooking, uncover it so the broth can start to evaporate.
Another option is to cook everything with the lid on without boiling the chicken beforehand. You're best off trying both options and seeing which method works best for you.
- Chicken with Potatoes in a Glass Cook Pot4
- Potatoes in a Glass Cook Pot
- Pork with Cream in a Glass Cook Pot
- Potatoes with Zucchini and Eggplants in a Glass Cook Pot
- Sauteed Potatoes in a Glass Cook Pot
- Marinated Chicken in a Glass Cook Pot
- Chicken Legs in a Glass Cook Pot with Onions4
- Smothered Pork in Glass Cook Pot2
- Steaks in a Glass Cook Pot