How to cook
1. Beat the lard (at room temperature) with the sugar to a fluffy cream. Add the yolks 1 by 1. Don't add the next one before the previous one is absorbed. Add the vanilla sugar, brandy and finely grated lemon zest - try to make sure you only use the yellow part of the lemon.
3. Form a ball of dough, without kneading, mix just enough to homogenize the ingredients. Put away in the fridge for 15 min.
4. Roll it out into a 1/4″ (0.5 cm) sheet and use a ring or glass that's 1 1/2″ (4 cm) in diameter to cut out circles. You're going to get 24 of them. You'll be sticking them in pairs so that each circle has a partner.
5. Put them in a tray covered with baking paper. If you don't have any, arrange them directly onto the tray, without oiling the surface.
6. Bake in a preheated 356°F (180 °C) oven for 12 min. Don't let them turn too red on top, they need to be more of a whitish color. Let cool a bit and harden.
7. Stick them together in pairs with the dulce de leche and roll the edges in coconut flakes. Sprinkle a little more on top.